1. WHEN ENTERING or leaving the dojo, stand in the doorway. face the front, bow and say 'osu'. this represents a mark of respect for the dojo and the people in it.
2. always move quickly in class when instructed to do something. do not stroll.
3. do not practice kumite unless instructed to do so.
4. do not break rank for any reason, without asking permission from the instructor. if you must leave your position. do not walk between the instructor and the class. walk behind the row you are in to either side and proceed from there.
5. always address the instructor and seniors by their proper (Sempai, Sensei, shihan) inside the dojo. Acknowledge them with a loud 'osu' when they speak to you.
6. your training should be a serious matter. do not laugh, giggle, talk or cause disruption during the class. you should always stand in yoi dachi when awaiting the next command.
7. all directions by instructor, should be obeyed in the dojo, without question. you will not be asked to do anything that your instructor has not done already. if you cannot keep do the best you can.
8. keep fingernails and toenails short and clean.
9. during the break, no sitting on chairs, leaning against the wall or lying down. do some training rather than waste time.
10. your karate-gi must be neat and washed clean at all times. your belt should never be washed. it symbolically contains the spirit of your hard training. and under no circumstances are males karatekas allowed to wear t-shirts or other clothing underneath their karate-gi. Full karate-gi to be worn at all times.
11. don't wear jewellery or watches during training.
1. REi 2. seiza 3. mokuso 4. mokuso yame 5. sensei ni rei 6. kiritsu 7. Rei
What Our Clients Are Saying
Supportive and skilled sempai, as well as a friendly atmosphere. I recommend this class.
Great classes for all ages. Professional trainer and ethos to develop discipline and stamina. Great atmosphere, friendly and supportive and fun. Highly recommended.
Exciting and varied classes, understanding and well versed instructor, with plenty of opportunities to train for all ages.
Expert tuition and guidance, encompassing all age groups. Classes help learners to develop discipline and stamina in a supportive and fun environment. Highly recommend.
Amazing club with a welcoming atmosphere. All the sessions are top quality and Connor really knows his stuff! Each member from white belt right through is more than willing to give their all and help other member achieve their karate goals. Great club for helping you get fit and learning a new skill or simply for socialising with some genuinely lovely people. Well worth a try! Osu!
Great instructor, family friendly. Great for any age groups.